Horizon 2020 in brief
The EU framework programme for research & innovation
Horizon 2020 is the biggest EU research and innovation programme ever. Almost €80 billion of funding is available over seven years (2014 to 2020) – in addition to the private and national public investment that this money will attract. Horizon 2020 will help to achieve smart, sustainable and inclusive economic growth. The goal is to ensure Europe produces world-class science and technology, removes barriers to innovation and makes it easier for the public and private sectors to work together in delivering solutions to big challenges facing our society. This guide explains the programme in more... detail.
- Corporate author(s): Directorate-General for Research and Innovation (European Commission) Themes: Research policy and organisation, Industrial research and development
- Subject: EU research policy, Framework Programme for Research and Development, innovation, research expenditure (EU), research programme, scientific research
The print on demand version may be of a different presentation and quality than the original paper version.
Available languages and formats
Horizon 2020 is the biggest EU research and innovation programme ever. Almost €80 billion of funding is available over s...
- Author: Directorate-General for Research and Innovation
- Subject: competitiveness, data collection, economic growth, economy, EU programme, EU research policy, Framework Programme for Research and Development, industrial research, innovation, new technology, research and development, scientific research
EUROPA - Summaries of EU legislation - The Shift2Rail Joint Undertaking (S2R JU) is a public-private partnership created...
- Author: Publications Office
Contractual public-private partnerships in Horizon 2020 for research and innovation in the manufacturing, construction, process industry and automotive sectors
The contractual public-private partnerships (cPPPs) launched in Horizon 2020 address research and innovation activities ...