Gender equality law in 33 European countries
How are EU rules transposed into national law?
The purpose of the present publication is to provide a general overview of the transposition of EU gender equality law in the 28 Member States of the European Union, as well as in Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway (the EEA countries to which most of the EU equality law applies) and two candidate countries: the FYR of Macedonia and Turkey. This publication is complementary to the publication 'EU gender equality law', which provides an overview of relevant directives and case law of the Court of Justice of the EU (CJEU) in this field. These publications are aimed at a broad – and not necessarily... legal – public and explain the most important issues of the EU gender equality acquis and its implementation.
- Corporate author(s): Directorate-General for Justice (European Commission)
- Personal author(s): European Network of Legal Experts in the Field of Gender Equality Themes: Fundamental rights
- Subject: anti-discriminatory measure, application of EU law, equal treatment, equality between men and women, report, sexual discrimination
The print on demand version may be of a different presentation and quality than the original paper version.
Available languages and formats
The purpose of the present publication is to provide an updated general overview of the transposition of EU gender equal...
- Author: Directorate-General for Justice; European Network of Legal Experts in the Field of Gender Equality
- Subject: anti-discriminatory measure, Community acquis, employment policy, equal treatment, equality between men and women, EU law - national law, national implementing measure, sexual discrimination, social legislation
The purpose of the present publication is to provide a general overview of the transposition of EU gender equality law i...
This report provides a general overview of the ways in which EU gender equality law has been implemented in the domestic...