This publication presents a selection of indicators on culture pertaining to cultural employment, international trade in cultural goods, cultural enterprises, cultural participation, use of internet for cultural purposes and private cultural expenditure. In addition it presents some contextual data on students in cultural fields of study, learning languages and international tertiary students’ mobility. Some information about the EU and international initiatives concerning cultural heritage, like the World Heritage List of UNESCO or the European Heritage Label, is comprised as well.
- Corporate author(s): Eurostat (European Commission) Themes: Culture, Statistics
- Subject: cultural cooperation, cultural heritage, cultural policy, cultural promotion, culture, statistics
The print on demand version may be of a different presentation and quality than the original paper version.
Available languages and formats
Easing legal and administrative obstacles in EU border regions . Case Study No. 11, Education
Language requirements preventing VET students from studying abroad (Germany – Netherlands)
International mobility of trainees, students and teachers in vocational education is seen as a more and more important a...
- Author: Association Européenne pour l'Information sur le Développement Local (AEIDL); Center for Social and Economic Research (CASE); Directorate-General for Regional and Urban Policy; Metis GmbH; Panteia BV
- Subject: administrative formalities, cross-border cooperation, emergency aid, European Union, frontier region, frontier worker, health care, institutional cooperation, international trade, labour mobility, language policy, police cooperation, rail transport, recognition of diplomas, recognition of vocational training qualifications, regional policy, social security, transfrontier transport, transport infrastructure, urban transport
The atlas of climate change impact on European cultural heritage
Scientific analysis and management strategies
Climate change has only recently begun to be considered as a relevant factor threatening built heritage, archaeological ...
EUROPA - Summaries of EU legislation - This Communication presents the progress made in developing Europeana, the Europe...
- Author: Publications Office