Welcome to Vade-mecum Multimedia Publishing
Should I publish online or offline? What is multimedia? Where can I get information about the European Union's preferred style of publication? What are the skills required?
These are some of the questions which this guide, the Vade-mecum of multimedia publications, seeks to answer. It is not a definitive set of instructions but rather an overview of the subject. The document covers various issues that should be considered before publishing a document:
- the type of publication (online, offline, hybrid...) and data support (CDROM, DVD, Tape...)
- the multimedia tools (video, audio, animation...) and the implications of their use in terms of cost effectiveness, advantages and disadvantages etc.
- technical considerations which may dictate the choice of publication
- standards which are available
- the quality control process
- sales and dissemination strategies
- and more...
The Vade-mecum should be consulted before any project, as the first step along the decision making process.