MDR > European Legislation Identifier (ELI)
The European Legislation Identifier rests on three pillars:
- Identification of legislation: URI templates at the European, national and regional levels based on a defined set of components
- Properties describing each legislative act: Definition of a set of metadata and its expression in a formal ontology
- Serialisation of ELI metadata elements: Integration of metadata into the legislative websites using RDFa
Pillar 1: URI Templates
- Overview over reference ELI URI template components
- URI templates defined for European legislation .
Pillar 2: ELI Ontology
Reference version of the ELI ontology (latest version, 2014-12-09)
Versions of the ELI ontology
The metadata elements of the ontology are documented here.
Pillar 3: Serialisation of ELI metadata elements: Integration of metadata into the legislative websites using RDFa
ELI metadata elements should be encoded following the W3C Recommendation "RDFa in XHTML: Syntax and Processing". Implementers are free to support additional serialization formats.
The ELI Register provides general and technical information about ELI as well as about the implementation status of ELI by various stakeholders: http://eur-lex.europa.eu/eli-register/about.html