MDR > European Legislation Identifier (ELI)
The European Legislation Identifier rests on three pillars:
- Identification of legislation: URI templates at the European, national and regional levels based on a defined set of components
- Properties describing each legislative act: Definition of a set of metadata and its expression in a formal ontology
- Serialisation of ELI metadata elements: Integration of metadata into the legislative websites using RDFa
Pillar 1: URI Templates
- Overview over reference ELI URI template components
- URI templates defined for European legislation .
Pillar 2: ELI Ontology
Reference version of ELI ontology V1.1 (2016-09-19)
Versions of the ELI ontology
The metadata elements of the ontology are documented here.
The version history of the ELI history is documented in the version history page.
Pillar 3: Serialisation of ELI metadata elements: Integration of metadata into the legislative websites using RDFa
ELI metadata elements should be encoded following the W3C Recommendation "RDFa in XHTML: Syntax and Processing". Implementers are free to support additional serialization formats.
The ELI Register on Eur-Lex provides general and technical information about ELI as well as about the implementation status of ELI by various stakeholders.